This site is dedicated in providing recordings of Conference Calls conducted by Silvia Binder of ONDAMED, Inc along with actual results reported from practitioners around the world.


Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook

ONDAMED Case Studies — Lyme Disease

KD is a 15 year old teen who was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 6th grade (Spring of 2002).

For the next two years she took a series of antibiotics including Rocephen (intravenously) and many other antibiotics without any result. Her liver became inflamed from the antibiotics and another type was then prescribed – also without any results. KD also experienced cyclical vomiting and would lose 12 pounds over the course of 7-10 days during the two year period of intensive antibiotic treatment. This would occur every other month. She saw several specialists and no one could offer any explanation. It caused her to miss many days of school. Several times she was hospitalized for the pain she experienced in her stomach. None of the endoscopies were able to reveal the cause. She was extremely fatigued and had severe intestinal/stomach pain which did not resolve with any treatment.

KD had numerous episodes of pinworm and was treated for it each time. The Lyme disease wasn’t improving despite intense antibiotic treatment for two years. Also, her liver function tests were elevated which also caused the termination of antibiotic treatment. She received her first ONDAMED treatment on 11/15/2004 and the following week, she received 3 treatments (11/22, 11/24/11/26). After 3-4 ONDAMED treatments, she was feeling 75% better and was able to go back to school. She felt so much better she went to a Lyme disease convention at the end of November and talked about her personal experience and that she had given up hope until she started ONDAMED. She still had to rest, but she was able to function and attend the entire convention. This is the first time in two years she felt almost normal.

She continued receiving treatment (11/29, 12/1, 12/3, 12/6, 12/8, 12/10) and she was able to cut the treatment to twice per week 12/13, 12/17, 12/20, 12/23, 12/27, 12/30) and experienced continued improvement. Her mother is still in touch with the ONDAMED practitioner. She told the practitioner that KD still feels great and is doing well in school. KD is dancing and active like other teens.

KD is now in 11th grade without any symptoms of Lyme disease. She will go back for ONDAMED treatment on occasion to keep up her good health. They are moving to Florida at the end of the year (2008) and will work with another ONDAMED practitioner in their new home state.     (Case Study conducted by Dr. Shari Lieberman)

AD, a 6-year old autistic child was brought to the office with evidence of a tick bite.

The parent explains that the child has had fever for several days and is much less active. Child wants to sit in the mother's lap most of the time. The child also had a rash that was on the back of the child’s neck and upper body. He received treatment with Ondamed during the visit in June 2004. AD returned to the office the next day for another treatment. His parent stated that the child’s fever broke the previous night after the Ondamed treatment. His rash was gone and his activity returned to normal. AD received a total of 5 treatments, one each day for the whole week (Monday-Friday). He did not receive any treatment over the weekend. He remains well with no evidence of Lyme disease. His laboratory analysis confirmed that he in fact had Lyme disease.    (Case Study conducted by Dr. Shari Lieberman)

MB is a 49 year old female diagnosed with Lyme Disease and co-infection with Babesia and Bartonella in October 1991.

Her symptoms rapidly progress from fatigue to multiple sclerosis (MS) like symptoms such as numbness and tingling in the extremities. In January 1992 she received intravenous (IV) Rocephin for 3 months after which time she was hospitalized for three and one half weeks for a severely low white blood cell, neutrophil and platelet count. This was a side effect due to the drug treatment. She was given a challenge test to see if there was another antibiotic regimen she could tolerate. She was then given Primaxin via IV administration for approximately five and one half months. She developed antibiotic resistant bacteria (C. difficile) and was given Questran as treatment. She also developed dumping syndrome from the Primaxin. She developed nausea which was managed with Compasine administered both IV and as a suppository for one week. She was also given Minocin, Biaxin and Amoxycillin on and off until approximately June 1994. She often had to stop treatment due to the side effect of a very low white blood count. Despite the massive antibiotic treatment her symptoms did not improve. She would get a little better for a short time and then her symptoms would return. She also developed more symptoms during the years of antibiotic treatment including knee pain in both knees, left hip pain and debilitating neuropathy. Her doctor told her there was nothing else he could do for her.    (Case Study conducted by Dr. Shari Lieberman)

MN is a 35-year old male diagnosed with Lyme disease in April 2000.

A tick probably bit him when he was living in Martha’s Vineyard from March to October 1998. While he never developed a rash, he slowly began to develop symptoms. They included multiple sclerosis (MS) like symptoms including numbness to the extremities, fatigue, difficulty walking, neuropathy, memory loss, dyslexia (which he did not have previously), headaches, arthralgia, muscle atrophy and spinal pain. These symptoms became debilitating and he visited 10 different physicians. He had various diagnoses that included MS, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and clinical depression. He was not getting better. MN was getting worse.

In April 2000 he visited a specialist in Lyme disease who found through laboratory analysis that he was positive for Lyme disease and Ehrlichia. Over the course of 3 years he received intravenous antibiotics that included Rocephin, Merrem, Zithromax, Plaquenil, Claforan, Amoxycillin, Doxycyclin and supportive nutritional supplements. MN also received 150 hyperbaric oxygen treatments. He experienced gradual improvement to about 60% of his functioning at best. But he still had many symptoms and whenever he went off the drugs his symptoms became significantly worse. There was no lasting improvement. He knew that he could not stay on antibiotics forever, nor did he want to.

In May 2003 he sought the advice of another integrative physician who gave him an ONDAMED treatment. He received one ONDAMED treatment each week and within 2 weeks his health improved to 90%. The improvement was so significant that MN bought his own machine July 2003 and continued ONDAMED treatment 2-3 times each week. He also stopped the antibiotics shortly after starting ONDAMED treatment. MN used simple patient preset modules for one year. After one year, he decreased his treatment to 1-2 times per week. The MS symptoms including numbness and neuropathy are completely gone. He is able to walk and exercise normally. His memory has significantly improved and his headaches and dyslexia are gone. He does not have arthralgia, muscle atrophy or spinal pain. He was unable to work from 2000-2003 and was on disability. He now works full time and travels extensively. MN became a master ONDAMED trainer. If he overworks and pushes himself too hard or if he has days of sleep deprivation he may feel some slight symptoms return such as mental fog and fatigue. MN will increase his usage of ONDAMED 2-3 times per week or until symptoms disappear – usually within one week. He continues to live a full and active life.     (Case Study conducted by Dr. Shari Lieberman)

Lyme disease is an infectious bacterial disease transmitted by ticks, in which skin rash, fever, and headache precede arthritis and nervous disorder.

This site is intended for informational purpose only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Powered by Copyright 2008